Friday, February 03, 2017

Imperial Hospitality (Part 2): Stories from The Imperial’s Bars and Lounge

In the background, I am always working on a project or two in addition to whatever is in the forefront.    Earlier this week I shared about my documentary "Suturing Cultures" which will be airing next week (story HERE and broadcast info HERE), and now I am pleased to share the next installment in the documentary-style series of videos I was asked to direct for the Imperial Hotel Tokyo, a luxury hotel with a deep-rooted history in Tokyo.
 
Featuring a tour of the Imperial's bars and lounges and filmed/ edited back in December, Part Two was published this week (with my accompanying column on the Imperial website HERE, a direct link to the video below, and more info on Part 1 HERE):
 
It is only through the support of an awesome team that I can be working on so many projects at once, and I would like to give a shout out to Matsudaira Naoyuki who shot and edited this piece.  While I wrote the music which is the same piece we used in Part 1, it was treated to a jazz arrangement by Onuki Yuichiro, who was also on piano, joined by Tani Motoaki on bass and Adachi Hiroshi on drums.
 
Part 3 is scheduled to be published in March.

No comments: