Monday, January 18, 2016

Juggling film

Working on several films simultaneously is like a juggling act, and trying to switch the gears in my head quickly between projects can be quite challenging.  While my aim is to never drop one of the balls, I am also not always able to follow them as they orbit through the air.

An example of this is when I am not able to accompany one of my films to screenings abroad.  While the past three years have seen me traveling abroad nearly every month for screenings in international festivals and conferences, 2016 will see me locked down in the edit suite for the most part as I am currently in post-production for three different feature documentaries that I have been working on for the past several years in the background between trips abroad.

Although I will not be there in person, I will be there in spirit for these upcoming screenings of my film '-1287' (2014).  It is such an honour that this film continues to be programmed and resonate with audiences around the world.  Thank you all so very much for your support!

Detailed information about '-1287' and these upcoming screenings can be found on the film's website (HERE).


NEW YORK
Snowtown Film Festival
Watertown, NY, January 29-30, 2016
January 30 at 11:00AM

OREGON
Lane Honors Program, Lane Community College
Eugene, Oregon,
February 3 at 4:30PM

CALIFORNIA
SoCal Film Fest
Huntington Beach, California, February 10-13, 2016
February 11 at 4PM

TAIWAN
Taiwan International Ethnographic Film Festival Tour
Various cities, Taiwan, March-June 2016
Screening cities, dates and times TBA

========================== January 24, 2016 UPDATE =====================

Ahead of the screening in Snowtown Film Festival, THIS article was published in my hometown newspaper, the Watertown Daily Times.

 

No comments: