Monday, May 13, 2013

Freshly Pressed

The preview screening and press conference of my feature documentary 'A2' (WEBSITE) was held today at the Foreign Correspondent's Club of Japan (press release HERE).


There were a total of 88 press club members and their guests in attendance.  It was an immense honour to have my work screened by my colleagues, and an additional honour to have the opportunity to receive their questions during the press conference that was led by journalist Tetsuo Jimbo.

Photo: Chiemi Takahashi

One of the highlights of the press conference was when Mr. Mitsuhei Murata (pictured below), the former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland, stood up to speak.  Last year I had the honour of hearing Mr. Murata give a press conference, and I have followed closely his work in trying to bring about transparency following the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima.  Mr. Murata complimented my film and then asked an interesting question:  Given the continued precariousness of the damaged nuclear power plant in Fukushima, do you think the government should be bidding to hold the 2020 summer Olympics in Tokyo?

Photo: Chiemi Takahashi
After the press conference, there was time to exchange business cards and speak freely with those in attendance.  There was talk of featuring my work in news articles, speaking at a local university and even of bringing the film (and me!) to Switzerland as part of an educational program.

I am so humbled and honoured at the interest in my work and am thankful for all of the support and encouragement I have received over the past two years.  Peace.

No comments: